Frequently Asked Questions
Baqsimi is a brand name for prescription medicine. It comes packaged as a powder to be sprayed into the nose. It contains the active ingredient glucagon, which is used to treat hypoglycemia or low blood sugar.
When severe hypoglycemia symptoms are identified, perform the following and use BAQSIMI nasal spray as soon as possible:
- Follow the instructions provided on the drug’s label.
- Never test the device or push the plunger before administering it.
- Place the tip into one nostril and entirely bury the plunger of the device until the green line disappears, then push the plunger. It is not necessary to inhale the dose.
- After giving the medication, look for immediate medical assistance.
- Give oral carbohydrates when the patient reacts to treatment to replenish the liver’s glycogen stores and prevent hypoglycemia from returning.
For low blood sugar
Baqsimi manages severely low blood sugar in patients with type 1 or type 2 diabetes. Doctors can prescribe it to adults and children aged four and older. few symptoms of low blood sugar include:
- Rapid heartbeat
Some of the side effects of using a nasal spray of Baqsimi may include:
- Redness of eyes
- Itchy eyes
- Swollen eyes