Frequently Asked Questions
The importance of exercising regularly can be explained by its numerous health benefits, including:
- Manages weight
- Reduces pain
- Increases energy and stamina
- Improves sleep quality
- Boosts mental health
- Improves skin health
- Prevents diseases
- Improves bone health
Here is some valuable information to help you make exercise a consistent habit:
- Start with small steps – to avoid overwhelming yourself and as your stamina improves, steadily increase the intensity and length.
- Discover enjoyable activities that align with your interests and preferences to make it easier to stay motivated, like cycling, swimming, or dancing.
- Schedule exercise time – solely dedicated to exercise and treat these slots as necessary appointments by sticking to them.
- Choose convenience – Choose a fitness facility or create a workout space at home that is easily accessible even when the weather is terrible. Remove any barriers or excuses that might hinder your commitment.
Following health issues are at an increased risk with a sedentary lifestyle :
- Heart diseases
- High blood pressure
- High blood cholesterol
The American heart association (AHA) recommends the following:
For adults: Seventy-five minutes of vigorous aerobic activity, a total of one hundred and fifty minutes of moderate cardiovascular activity, or a mix of the two, spread out over the duration of the week.Spend less time sitting down.
For kids: Children age 3 to 5 ought to be physically active and have lots of chances to move around during the day.Children aged 6 to 17 should engage in at least 60 minutes of aerobic activity each day, primarily at a moderate to vigorous intensity.