ChlorellaBenefits of Chlorella
Frequently Asked Questions
Chlorella is high in nutrients and is a single-cell algae that has recently gained popularity due to its health advantages. Chlorella takes its name from the Greek word chloros and the Latin word ella.
Chlorella is said to have the following health benefits:
- Help with vitamin D2 and B12 deficiency
- Prevents anemia
- Prevents high blood pressure
- Maintains blood cholesterol
- Lowers blood sugar
- Acts against oxidative stress
- Detoxification of the body
- Enhance immunity
It is generally safe, but few common side effects of Chlorella may include:
- Green stools.
- Stomach cramping.
- Sensitivity to sunlight.
- People taking chlorella supplements should wear sunscreen while going outdoors as they can make the skin more sensitive to sunlight.
- Breastfeeding mothers – should avoid using it as there is insufficient credible information to determine whether Chlorella is safe to use while breastfeeding.
- People with a weaker immune system should stay away from the product as it may promote the growth of unwanted bacteria in the intestines.
- Remember that chlorella products can differ based on how the Chlorella was grown, collected, and processed.
- Always look for a quality assurance seal when buying a chlorella supplement to ensure safety.