Frequently Asked Questions
Triphala is an old herbal preparation based on Ayurvedic medicine, a traditional Indian medicinal practice.
Triphala, when consumed, is believed to be beneficial to health in the following ways:
- Improves digestive health
- Has antioxidant properties
- Detoxifies the body
- Supports immunity
- Improves eye health
- Prevents tooth decay
- Allergy – Allergy testing is necessary before using any herbal medication. It is crucial, to begin with a lesser dose and raise it gradually to determine individual tolerance.
- Pregnant or nursing women – Women who are expecting or nursing should consult a doctor before using Triphala to ensure their safety.
- Bleeding – Gooseberry, one of its components, can prevent clotting and has an antiplatelet effect, but if consumed in large doses, it can also easily bleed or bruise.
- Pre-existing medical conditions – To prevent difficulties, people with pre-existing medical issues should consult a doctor before taking Triphala.