Frequently Asked Questions
Leukoplakia is characterized by the development of thicker, white or grey patches on the mucous membranes of the mouth, tongue, or other areas of the oral cavity.
The common symptoms include
- White or gray patches in the oral cavity
- Pain or discomfort
- Change in taste
- Irregular borders
- Persistent lesions
- Chronic irritation
- Tobacco use
- Alcohol consumption
- Strains like human papillomavirus (HPV)
- Inadequate oral hygiene practices
- Nutritional deficiencies
If you have such suspicion, it is essential to take the following actions:
- Consult a physician and give a complete medical history
- Adhere to their suggestions.
- Give up alcohol and cigarette usage.
- Maintain proper oral hygiene
- Follow-up consultations.