Frequently Asked Questions
Dovato can be used to treat human immunodeficiency virus type 1 infection in adults and children who weigh at least 40 kg (88 lbs). Significant progress has been made in understanding, controlling, and treating this complicated viral infection since the discovery of HIV/AIDS in the early 1980s.
A simplified method of therapy
- Compared to conventional triple therapy, it minimizes the number of medicines patients must take daily.
- The single-tablet regimen simplifies HIV-1 infection care and improves medication adherence.
Suppression of virus
- Lowering the viral load helps keep the immune system strong and stops the spread of infection.
- Abdominal pain
- Increased sensitivity
- Combination with hepatitis B
- Breastfeeding and becoming pregnant
- Syndrome of immune reconstitution