Alkaline DietAlkaline diet : What are the benefits ?
Frequently Asked Questions
The alkaline diet is based on the mistaken belief that various food groups might affect the body’s pH balance. It is also called as the Acid alkaline diet, the Acid ash diet, Alkaline Ash Diet, and the Alkaline Acid Diet.
- The central claim of an alkaline diet isn’t supported by scientific research since, regardless of what a person eats, it won’t alter the pH of their body.
- Some studies claim beneficial benefits for a tiny portion of the population.
- It will be challenging to consume sufficient nutrients like iron, calcium, and protein when people adhere to a strict alkaline diet.
- It can be more challenging to maintain good health if they cut out a specific food group or food type from their diet.
- But many popular protein sources are forbidden when strictly following an alkaline diet.
- Loss of Muscle mass loss can result from low protein intake, as protein is crucial for supporting muscle growth and repair.
- Anemia may result from low iron.
- Additionally, low calcium levels might harm a person’s bone health.